Monday, July 8, 2013

Introducing Megan J Parker.


Introducing Megan J Parker:
We are pleased to be spotlighting the AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL Megan J Parker on our blog today! Her Limited Edition of “Scarlet Night”, the first in her Behind the Vail series, releases tomorrow, 07/09/2013! We’re very excited to have this Limited Edition with us! Without further ado,  Megan J Parker:
Megan J. Parker lives in upstate New York in a small town that is no easier to spell than it is to pronounce. She lives with her adoring fiancĂ©, Nathan Squiers, and her two devil kitties, Trent and Yuki (don’t let their innocent looks deceive you, they are devious little cats). Normally, she can be found with her face plastered to her MacBook Pro either designing a new book cover or writing/plotting her latest story.
Currently, she is a full-time college student majoring in Visual Communications and once she graduates, she plans to continue writing and work more on cover designing as well as layout and format designs for novels/short stories.
On her down time, she likes reading and watching comedy or romantic movies. Her passion for telling stories is portrayed in all her work and when there’s a story to tell, you can be sure she’ll tell it to its full extent. She now is a co-owner for the up and coming publishing company, Tiger Dynasty Publishing, and is hoping to continue to expand this company to great lengths.







You got your first taste of the writing process through your poetry. In what way would you say your poetry
finds its way into your fiction narrative?
Where I admit that I normally tend to keep the two separate due to not wanting to be overly or under descriptive, I feel my poetry comes more into my visual sides. Where I’d describe a character’s features or a landscape’s vision more poetic and use a metaphor to describe what the image looks like.

How do you come up with the characters in your pieces and what inspires their personalities?
My characters are all over the place, from people I’ve met to people I’ve overlooked sometimes I can’t even come up with who my characters were based off. I feel my main character from “Scarlet Night” (Serena) was based off of what I want to be and how I feel females should be portrayed in literature more often.

If you could date any type of creature from the mythos universe, what kind would it be & why?
Therion. All the way. I am into guys who are more bestial in nature and I feel a therion would fit my personality and my needs ( ;) ) perfectly.

When you are creating book covers/wraps, is there one element you MUST add/change to each one to make it unique for you?
I tend to always add a unique spin to my covers and wraps, however there is nothing as a MUST have really. I like my designs to have variety and different themes but I love keep type consistent and using different symbols and visuals to make my typeface stand out.

Of the characters you've created, is there one that you feel is most like you, or most like how you WANT to be?
Serena is definitely the one I want and feel like I am the most like. She is sparky and strong and confident and everything I want to be.

If you could pick just one of your characters to become a live person, who would it be and why?
Oh goodness. I think I would choose Zoey from “Scarlet Night”, she is a sweetheart and a great friend to those around her, plus she would be a lot of fun to hang out with. She would also be able to give me some logical advice when I need it! Lol!

What animal would you choose to represent you and why?
A fox, I am playful but dangerous at times and I have a very fierce/playful nature. I also love their looks! They are so fluffy and cute!

How do you come up with your characters?
Randomly. I will be sitting in the car and suddenly come up with a new character and story to write her into. Sadly, my list of WIP just continues to grow due to my character growth.

Are your characters ever based on real people that you know?
Yes. Most my characters are based on people I know well, however there are a select few who aren’t based on anyone I personally know.

If you could pick any one genre to be your personal favorite, what would it be?
Paranormal Romance, the beauty in forbidden love and the magical elements that can be added into the romance genre make this my favorite one.

How real are your characters for you when you're writing them?
Extremely real! To the point where I will be writing a scene and I go right into the mindset of Serena and when I then break the scene, I find myself still acting like Serena would and still thinking in her mindset verse my own. Lol! It sometimes gets a little weird when I’m around my fiancĂ© or others while I’m in that mindset still.

If you had to choose just one character's life to keep writing, who would it be?
Serena’s. She has so much potential in a story-based sense and even with her confidence, she grows so much in the trilogy of Scarlet Night and I feel that her growth would only continue in spin-off series and other books/stories that could include her.


Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to give us a little insight into how you work and what goes on inside your mind. We appreciate your time and hope to see you back sometime soon :-)

Gone with the Sin
The Lover (A Behind the Vail prequel)

Don't forget that "Scarlet Night" Limited Edition will be available tomorrow, 07/09/2013! Make sure you get your copies! :-)








No comments:

Post a Comment