Monday, October 28, 2013

Meet Melissa Vicente!!!

Welcome back fans to another Monday Mention. Today we will be bringing you the soon to be published Melissa Vicente, another of Tiger Dynasty's up and coming, amazing authors. I hope you enjoy getting to know her a bit.


                Interview:

    1. Tell us what a day in the life of __Melissa_ is like.
Hectic! I start my day at 4:45am then head to work and clock in at 6am. My schedule changes weekly so I can work shifts anywhere from four hours to twelve hours a day. My current job is at a hotel, so anything goes when it comes to guests. They can either be mellow or they can be hostile, either way it's a laugh riot. After work and even sometimes during work, I'm deep in school books. Bachelor’s degrees are no joke! Usually while I'm doing homework I have movies or shows playing in the background, this week it's Breaking Bad Season 2. Are you tired yet? After homework I work on some projects, this week it's a diaper cake I'm making for a baby shower. Next comes a few hours or minutes of reading or writing, pulling out my clothes for the next work day, making sure my school books are packed and then finally BED.

    1. What made you want to start writing?
I've always had an inkling for writing. When I was younger I would write short stories or tiny poems but as I got older my ideas got bigger and I started writing more things, some which turned into novels.

    1. When writing, do you prefer silence or some kind of background noise?
Depending on what I'm writing I can deal with all types of noise. Music, movies, shows, talking. I tend to write whenever I have the time and that can mean typing my writing on my cell phone on line at Starbucks.
    1. Morning person or night owl?
I most definitely not a morning person, so night owl it is.

    1. Do you prefer to have a schedule or wing it?
Winging it is how I prefer to do things. Of course some things in life need a schedule like work and school but other than those, I like to be in the moment.

    1. When you have downtime from writing, what do you like to do?
Reading is at the top of the list, of course. I like to do crafts, recently I started making diaper cakes for baby showers which I enjoy. I also like usual stuff; hanging with friends, listening to music, traveling when possible.
    1. Do you make an outline or just write?
Just write. I've tried to do outlines but they end up just looking like notes from a mad scientist.
    1. What advice would you give aspiring writers?
Just write! Over the years I've looked back at things I've written and I think to myself “were you nuts?” but the more you write the better you get. So my advice would be just write, regardless of what it is; writing for school papers, writing short stories, writing haiku’s, grocery lists or anything that gets the mind wondering.
    1. How do you come up with your ideas?
The majority of my ideas have come from dreams; snippets of things I remember from a dream or nightmare.
    1. Do you like to base your characters on pure fiction or is there a little of real friends in them?
Majority of my characters have a salt shake of real friends or just people I have met throughout my life. Most of the time, my friends can tell which characters are based on them. Those characters that aren't based on anyone are pure fiction.
    1. Do you have a favorite author and why?
Yes. My favorite author and also the author who inspires me and is my hero is Anne Rice. I started reading Anne Rice in middle school and was instantly in love. She broke through a lot of barriers and wrote what she wanted and how she wanted despite controversy. She's a legend in my eyes. 


Bio: 

 Melissa Vicente resides in New Jersey with her adorable dwarf hamster, Lincoln, whom she named in honor of our great President. With a degree in Psychology, Melissa uses what she's learned about different personalities to play around with many types of characters. Her fiercely handsome, devastatingly murderous angel Pagan, is the main character in her debut novel, Bitten Wings, due out this winter.

Book: Bitten Wings (Not yet published)
 

Links:
 

Twitter: TheMissMissyV

Instagram: TheMissMissyV

Pinterest: MissMissyV

Thank you for being here with us.  I hope you enjoyed getting a view into out lovely authors mind, and be sure to keep your eyes open for her book as soon as it goes available.  Stay tuned here next Monday, when we will be bringing you yet another of our talented minds, and showering you with more info and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment