Monday, September 9, 2013

Meet Candy Crum !!!

Welcome to another Monday Mention.  Today we meet Candy Crum.

INTERVIEW:


1. Do you believe that Z-day is coming?
My husband would love this question! He would give a big “yes” for it. He is much more of a zombie fan than I am, but I do enjoy certain takes on the creatures – like The Walking Dead. As for Z-Day – that’s certainly a fear of mine! Though I try to convince myself it’ll not be in this lifetime.
 

2.  Do you people-watch as a source of inspiration? Why/why not?
Not as a source of inspiration – though there have been times when someone I’ve seen or someone that has popped up uninvited in my life has become a character in one way or another. But I do love to people-watch just for fun. That’s always a riot!
 

3. When did you first start writing, and what was the inspiration?
I started writing when I was a kid – maybe ten or so. But I didn’t begin true writing until 2009. I hadn’t read in years so the imagination was kind of dead. When I started working as a CNA the girls that I worked with passed around books like candy on Halloween. They were always swapping books or talking about them and it got me back into it. So when I started reading again, my imagination started going again and I felt compelled. So I went for it!
 

4. Do you have any bad habits/vices that you tend to do when writing a tense part of a piece of work?
I have bad habits when writing in general. I have the TV on, facebook or twitter up, write when my kids are up so I can’t focus, and all sorts of bad things. I sometimes hide away when writing tense parts in my writing – or I listen to music. But I don’t consider those a bad thing necessarily!
 

5.  If you could have any person in the world read your work, who would be the most *awesome* one on your list to have read one of your pieces?
My books I would have to say Anne Rice – though I’d be terrified to see what she had to say! I’d hope she liked them though! There is a script that I’m working on right now also and there is one particular actor that I’d love to read it. I’m currently fangirling over Tom Hiddleston (Loki from Thor/The Avengers). So that would be my most awesome people right there.
 

6. Do you have any pre-release traditions?
I always try to do giveaways of some kind or really get involved with the fans and engage them in some conversations on the fan sites. I’ve had the most success with that!
 

 7. What is the one thing you hope for when writing?
That it doesn’t suck. Ha! Sounds lame but it’s so true! I really just hope that I don’t hear that it paled in comparison to the last thing that I wrote or that people just flat out didn’t like it. My work is very important to me and I always just hope for the best.
 

8. What do you hope your readers get from your works?
My love for what I do. I want them to feel the passion that I put into my work through my words. I want them to read it and really get involved in it and forget that they are even reading at all. I want them to identify with a character and become that character for the length of the book.
 

9. What would you do if one of your characters ever came to life and you met them on the street?
Oh my. If that happened I would hope it was Khanae or Sayen from The Eternal Series. They are both hella powerful but very sweet and motherly. Khanae is the 3,000 year old Queen of the vampires and Sayen is a nearly 2,000 year old Immortal. Both are very wise and very compassionate. If I were to meet them, I would love to sit down and talk to them about the things they’d seen or the things that they would still like to do – even though they’ve probably done most of it. However – if I met Khia (the 3,000 year old intensely evil Queen of the Immortals) I would run like hell and hope for the best! Though – with her ability to move the elements and pull your very spirit from your body – there isn’t much I could do if she caught me!
 

10. How do you feel about zombie books, movies and/or TV series?
I love Vampires and supernatural creatures because they are just (mostly) good fiction. Zombies however (to me) have an air of reality to them. They terrify me. So when I watch most Zombie movies I’m left feeling paranoid and depressed rather than excited. I know that’s strange! But The Walking Dead zombies for whatever reason don’t bother me at all! I really enjoy that show – though I don’t follow it religiously. I haven’t ready any zombie books actually – but I’ve watched multiple movies and they usually scare me!
 

 11. If you ever came face to face with a zombie, what would you do?
I am one of those unlucky souls who do not have the luxury of knowing what kind of person they are. I tend to lean toward the idea I might be the one that freaks out. But then the other half of me thinks that I’d be the one to really shine and surprise everyone – including myself. So this is actually a tough question for me! I would like to think that I would come through for my family/friends or others that I meet. I’d like to think that I could see a zombie and then look at whatever is in the room/area and MacGyver the hell out of it into a badass weapon.  Paperclips and tea bags… I got this.



BIO:


Candy Crum is the author of The Eternal Series (The Eternal Gift, The Eternal Echo)as well as the creator of The Dark Compendiums (The Withering Darkness), anothologies focusing on the work of "yet-to-be-known" authors as a way to give back to those who helped her. She lives with her husband and two children in Indiana and spends the majority of her time playing with her kids, writing, reading, or listening to music.


LINKS: 



Eternally Forsaken (An Eternal Series Novella Vol. 1.5)


The Eternal Echo: An Eternal Series Novel (Volume 2)


The Eternal Gift (The Eternal Series)


Eternally Bound (An Eternal Series Novella Vol. 2.5)


Haunted Moon (A Moon Coven Series Novella)


Impending Rayne (Adult Edition) (Rise of the Ivory Army)


The Vampire Damien (The Rogue Chronicles: Vol. 1 - Ed. 2)


The Awakening (The Rogue Chronicles: Vol. 1 - Ed. 1)


The Withering Darkness: A Paranormal Horror Compendium: Dark Compendium Series


Bella Morte Anthology


Candy Crum’s Pages

https://twitter.com/TheEternalGift





No comments:

Post a Comment